- When performing a take-off, no more than ( 1 ) plan may be checked out at one time per employee, per membership, (not to exceed three (3) employees). An exception to this policy is for those reviewing specifications only for Quick Review. At that time, up to seven (7) specification books may be checked out with a 20 minute time limit.
- Any plan or specification taken out of the plan room or away from the front counter must be signed out by indicating the time out your name, company name, and membership number. DO NOT EXCHANGE PLANS with other members.
- Plans and specifications should not be left unattended for more than one (1) hour at a time. If the allotted time has been exceeded, The SF Builders Exchange reserves the right to reclaim the plan. Plans and specifications may be kept for two (2) hours the day prior to bidding and only one (1) hour the actual day of bidding.
- All plans and specifications must be returned in the same condition in which they were received. You may not take specification books apart, or take the plans off the bars. Plans are not to be torn or marked (except with chalk which must be wiped off before returning the plans). When returning plans and specifications, it is imperative that you sign them in.
- If you are interested in a particular plan or spec that is signed out by another member, you may fill out a next slip. Your next slip will be placed in the specification box in order as received. You will be paged over the SF Builders’ Exchange intercom system when the plan becomes available. At that time, you will have ten (10) minutes to claim the plan or your next slip will be discarded.
- Plans and specifications may be checked out overnight, (reservation limit three (3)) but should be reserved in advance. Overnight reservations may be picked up starting at 4:30 P.M. (if not in use). Plans and specifications must be returned by 8:30 A.M. the next business day. Plans checked out overnight can not be reserved for the morning of the next business day. FAILURE TO RETURN PLANS BY 8:30 A.M. WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE LOSS OF OVERNIGHT CHECKOUT PRIVILEGES FOR A PERIOD OF ONE MONTH.
- Plans and specifications may also be reserved for first use in the morning, but must be checked out by 8:30 A.M., or the reservation will be lost.
- Any member violating any of the above rules may have their Plan Room privileges suspended.
- No use of cell phones or radios in the common areas of the Exchange.
PLAN ROOM USE
- The hours of the SF Builders Exchange are 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. The Exchange will be closed for holidays as posted.
- A new plan listing will be printed every Monday, and is available at the front desk.
- A plan list will be mailed to you if you provide the Exchange with a supply of self-addressed stamped envelopes.
- A new plan listing Add List will be posted on the bulletin board daily, this is a listing of all new plans received that day by the Exchange.
- The addenda list will be posted on the bulletin board daily. The quantify of addenda received are indicated on the master list by a tally mark on the left side of the plan number. All bid date changes will be marked and highlighted on the list daily.
- The above information may be obtained from the Exchange website by visiting: bxofsf.com. Please call the Exchange at (415) 282-8220 for your username and password.
Please respect the building and those around you:
DO NOT LITTER.
DO NOT BRING PETS INTO THE BUILDING.
No overnight parking is allowed.